Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Antenna Efficiency in CST MW STUDIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

sree479

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In CST MW STUDIO, for my antenna design observed that negative efficiency values in dB? Can any one suggest me what might be the problem?

s11.JPGCapture.JPG

yes, in general efficiency will be less than 1 if you talk about absolute value.......so if you take the log you will get negative value.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Sandeep,

I am trying to design and transmitter and receiver loop antenna in hfss. I am getting a proper reflection and transmission behavior of loop antenna but how to extract the loss and efficiency of antenna using S parameter I dont know. I am new in this field. from theory I now, squre of mod of S21 is directly propotional to the efficiency but how this relation works I dont know. If you could help me it will appreciate that.

Thanks
Krishna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back