Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP me finding location of the peaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingun1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for frequency (fft magnitude) peaks specific for the certain activity.
I performed several (15+) different experiments, and want to compare all those activities with the one I am looking for. In case peaks are repeating even when the desired activity is not done, those are obviously the result of noise, power supply ripple and similar.

So, hopefully I am clear enough, but I am looking for the easiest way to recognize those peaks (there are 100+ peaks in one sample).

Is there any specific algorithm I can just use, or I need to look for unions and differences in the peaks manually? what is the easiest way to solve this?

Best,

wg

It's a simple matter to look through your data and determine the peaks. For example, you could take the derivative and look for the places the sign changes. Or, you could use a brute force approach and scan your data looking for the places where the data starts to decrease.

I think the OP wants to compare across 15 or more separate data sets to see if there are peaks embedded in the noisy (?) data.

Something like averaging across samples taken from each of the data sets will help make the peaks more apparent if there are really peaks in the data beyond the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back