Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guidence required to generate dual port sram macro in sram compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to generate sram macro for the dualport memory of 2k word, word = 4 bytes in my case.

verilog equivalent is
reg [31:0] ram [2043:0] ;

the options available in the sram compiler are :
Number of words : (pulldown menu supports 64 to 2048)
number of bits : (-do- 4 to 36)
column mux : (4 , 8 or 16) (which one to select ? and what actually this option for ?)
segmentation : fast or medium (which one to select )

and several (on/off) options for : BIST mux, sleep mode and shutdown and asynchronous writethrough.

I am very new to this. someone clearly explain every option here (if you know). and finally i want a normal commonly used dual port sram macro cell.

Hi,

I want to generate sram macro for the dualport memory of 2k word, word = 4 bytes in my case.

verilog equivalent is

the options available in the sram compiler are :
Number of words : (pulldown menu supports 64 to 2048)
number of bits : (-do- 4 to 36)
column mux : (4 , 8 or 16) (which one to select ? and what actually this option for ?)
segmentation : fast or medium (which one to select )

and several (on/off) options for : BIST mux, sleep mode and shutdown and asynchronous writethrough.

I am very new to this. someone clearly explain every option here (if you know). and finally i want a normal commonly used dual port sram macro cell.

sram compilers are hardly flexible, you have to use one of the configurations they can generate. it is likely that it will not match what you exactly need and some bits will be wasted. just use the closest option to what you need.

sram compilers are hardly flexible, you have to use one of the configurations they can generate. it is likely that it will not match what you exactly need and some bits will be wasted. just use the closest option to what you need.

I always do this as a last option. I want to know the terminology like column mux and segmentation bla bla etc., Dont say about documenation, i didn't found it. If u have anything closer to what i am talking about. share it.

I always do this as a last option. I want to know the terminology like column mux and segmentation bla bla etc., Dont say about documenation, i didn't found it. If u have anything closer to what i am talking about. share it.

there is no 'last option', it is the only option. you can only get what the compiler can give. and yes, go look for the documentation. if you can't find it, ask someone senior. you can't use something without knowing what it does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back