Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mouse pointer setting on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello
I am working at a company who really needs a software engineer, but instead they have got me.
-I suppose because my wages are less.
I can only write very basic software and have limited software testing skills.
The general staffing of the company make no secret of the fact that they dont
think i am up to the job and regularly sabotage my work.
To be honest, i dont blame them. Their company needs a software engineer. Theyre right to want me gone.
Today they have adjusted the mouse setting on my PC. The mouse pointer on the screen doesnt move at first when you move the mouse, then it
suddenly flies away uncontrollably, and its very hard to actually point the mouse over something.
Do you know how i can fix this?
Its a radio mouse with a AA battery in it.

The mouse itself almost certainly isn't programmable, it's just a pair of optical sensors and a few switches wired to a uart.

It sounds like they have set the mouse sensitivity to minimum and acceleration to maximum. These are adjustable from the mouse control panel on the PC software. I can't say where that is as I don't know what OS you use.

Brian.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
In Windows, open the Control Panels and looks for Mouse utility.

I have a wireless mouse and Win 7. I see no adjustment on the mouse to change its speed. The login screen has very rapid mouse motion. It's difficult for my eyes to follow.
Once I've logged on, mouse motion slows to my previously chosen setting in the Control Panel.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.