Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding Broadband Matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi.ravi31

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there anyone who can help me...?
I am designing a 20 W Ku Band Power Amplifier. I need a bandwidth of more than 1 GHz BW with centre frequency of 17 GHz. I don't want this Balanced Amplifier Topology.
Which Matching I should prefer to get a broadband of more than 1 GHz...? If Transformer matching is possible and is it realisable on Circuit Board...?

1GHz over 17Ghz cannot be called as "Broadband" due to fractional bandwidth.Broadband is generally referred to 1 octave or more fractional bandwidth regarding to center frequency.
Anyway, 1GHz/17GHz BW can be obtained 2-3 sections Transmission Line matching circuits.Transformers will not very effective on PCB board due to smaller geometry and manufacturing tolerances.The substrate tolerances will easily shift the transformer performances.Transformer can be very effective on MMIC substrates ( essential) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back