Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: Calibre PEX output additional parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapling

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[Moved]: calibre pex output additional parameter

When I use calibre pex,it output some parameters that don`t exist in schematic,such as the pic,the number '4' and the string 'inh_bulk_n' don`t lie in schematic.how can I solve this problem?thx 1.png2.png

Re: calibre pex output additional parameter

It isn't a problem: PEX "resolves" more subtle structures in layout and so has to include new node names (not parameters!) into its extracted netlist. If you can backannotate this netlist into your layout, you should be able to find these additional nodes.

While extraction tool, indeed, can "resolve" some "subtle" structures (like layout only nets) - I am surprised that it promotes them to the top hierarchy level, as a port for this design, I think it should not be doing this.

I suggest that you look at the LVS output and inspect it (in calibre rve - if you are using Calibre).

As for the second snapshot - can you send a snapshot for the whole line (not only its end)?

Max

It isn't a problem: PEX "resolves" more subtle structures in layout and so has to include new node names (not parameters!) into its extracted netlist. If you can backannotate this netlist into your layout, you should be able to find these additional nodes.
Thanks,backannotate this netlist into my layout?It meas compare the netlist and layout(trace the new node in netlist to find out new node location in layout)?

While extraction tool, indeed, can "resolve" some "subtle" structures (like layout only nets) - I am surprised that it promotes them to the top hierarchy level, as a port for this design, I think it should not be doing this.

I suggest that you look at the LVS output and inspect it (in calibre rve - if you are using Calibre).

As for the second snapshot - can you send a snapshot for the whole line (not only its end)?

Max
Hi,timof
Thanks,With your help maybe I had found it.rve.png
As for the second snapshot:sorry,I can`t find out the netlist anymore,the nelist is about one year ago.And I can`t reproduce it.

Re: [Moved]: calibre pex output additional parameter

Hi Sapling -

why "maybe"? The diagnostic message in Calibre RVE tells it all, I think...
Seems like a layout issue - two different nets having ports with the same text label...

Re: [Moved]: calibre pex output additional parameter

Hi,timof
Thx.
I can't use google anymore a few days ago,so I couldn't login edaboard.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back