Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

U-I converter from 0-10 V to 4-20 mA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victus

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for a U-I converter from 0-10 V on input to 4-20 mA on output. I've already tried to Google it, but haven't found anything promising yet. There are many solutions with OP amp and 500 ohm resistor, but they're only for 1-5 V or 2-10 V inputs. How about 0-10 V? Do you have any simple solutions?

Hi,

What about following one of the solutions you've seen with another op amp offset to produce 0 to x V, followed by another op amp for the gain? Could that be workable using a quad package, maybe?

Or could a current shunt monitor (with gain) be used? e.g. The INA28x ones can be adapted, to a degree, and a shunt monitor could also be followed by an op amp to offset any input/output offset.

The INA826 in amp datasheet has a 4 - 20mA PLC input circuit in the "application information" section (page 25), and looks like the output could maybe be centred around 0V. Maybe an in amp followed by a gain stage op amp?

There are many ways you can do it.

With the circuit below, use a logic level FET if you operate on a 24 V supply. If you want to use a
standard type MOSFET, then you may have to operate on a 30 V supply.

Attachments

• 420a.png
    420a.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 91

Status
Not open for further replies.