Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB blaster fail to work after Quartus update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahmood.n

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was working with Quartus 7 and the usb blaster was fine with cyclone II and III. After I did an update to v12.0sp2, the blaster failed to work!

I tried to install the driver according to document (32-bit version), but still the board is not detected although device manager identifies the blaster.

Please see the attached screen shot.

Attachments

• alt.jpg
    alt.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 106

Read the last few post near the bottom of this thread on Altera's forum

The work around in the last post might work for you, or it might be due to the digital signing of the driver like was suggested by some of the previous posts.

So it seems there are multiple issues but I finally managed to get it worked... According to the last post in the altera forum, the driver for v12 doesn't work while v7 is OK!!
So, I uninstalled all versions and installed v12 and then v7. Also, since the driver is not signed, the procedure in windows 10 is different from windows 7. It seems that by default, windows 10 doesn't say any thing and the sign issue, but it actually doesn't work!! I followed the guide at HowToGeek and entered the test mode.

There I tried all driver folders and for me the driver at x64 of quartus v7 worked! Now, both v7 and v12 see USB blaster.

My question is now, should I keep v7? Or it is safe to uninstall it?

Just don't uninstall the driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back