Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmel/Microchip ATF750 series programmer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

whack

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'd like to program an ATF750LVC CPLD device. According to the datasheet it is a "superset" of GAL22V10, however none of the affordable programmers list the ATF750 chips, so I don't know if they are programmed the same way.

I used the WinCupl software to describe my logic, simulate and build a .jed file to be programmed to the chip, but I have no idea what to program it with!!! Google-fu did not turn up anything conclusive on the question except suggestions to use another chip family.

Does anyone have any experience with these or can suggest a solution?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone? The chips are the only through hole CPLD devices stocked at both Mouser and Digi-Key. Judging by the quantities available someone has been buying them. Surely someone must know something about them???

http://www.atmel.com/Images/program.pdf
Specifically:
02/18/00
ATF750C/CL/LVC/LVCL: Data I/O Unisite/3900 - V6.2 Extended Algorithm and BP Microsystem V3.46 have
programming support with revised programming spec.

Are just two examples of stuff that came up when I used the Google-Fu string "ATF750LVC programmer"

There were a number of other programmers that claim to program that device, but maybe all of them are out of your price range.

Not sure why you want to buy antiquated CPLDs when there are newer parts that exist that use JTAG programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back