Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What are the last four numbers on the ATMEGA32A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk_sam123

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the last four number on the ATMEGA32A ?

Good evening, I got a newbie question here. I need to buy an ATMEGA32A for a small project. This will be my first time using one.I was browsing on eBay and I found many of them. Most of them have this description "ATMEGA32A-PU ATMEGA32 AVR MCU 32K FLASH 16MHZ DIP-40 ATMEL IC". The only difference between these chips are the last four numbers on the chips. Are they the generation numbers or something similar? Thanks.

Attachments

• 11.PNG
    11.PNG
    248.5 KB · Views: 55

Re: What are the last four number on the ATMEGA32A ?

If I remember correctly, these are the year of manufacturing (YY=13) and the week of the year (WW=27) of the manufactured lot. It is the same format used for marking all other ICs.

Hi,

Read the datasheet.

Usually there is a section called "ordering information". There you find all necessary information and ordering codes to choose the correct device.

Klaus

yeah, I figured it out :D thanks nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.