Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ground Plane - Rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbb1612

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Silly question here,

I designed a rectifier and an impedance matching network for RF energy harvesting.

The impedance matching network needs a ground plane in the bottom layer. Currently, this ground plane is only behind the matching network. If I extend it to be under the rectifier section, will this layer affect the performance of the rectifier?

Best Regards,
Sebastian.

RECT.png

Here it's what i mean.
Thanks.

RECT.png

This is the schematic, hope you can help me.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be like this schematic, but whit a different Impedance mathching network. My Mistake...

View attachment 139479

This is the schematic, hope you can help me.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be like this schematic, but whit a different Impedance mathching network. My Mistake...
You don't have to cover around the SMD components on TOP side.Place the SMD component properly ( short distances,not too close,not too far,symmetric) and supply GND connections for the components which are needed for and supply multiple GND vias to BOTTOM GND layer.TOP layer GND has not be around the components.Instead move the TOP GND from TL if you don't use CPWG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back