Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Most comprehensive guide to Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

bremenpl

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there,
I am a long time Altium Designer user. Now I have to swap to Eagle for various reasons... I was looking for an advice on getting the most complete step by step guide on the usage of this software. I know that there are a lot of tutorials over the internet, but non of them is "full". I was wondering on buying a book, ie. Eagle V6 Getting started guide, but I have read the opinions that werent too good. Altium folks provide a great documentation on every aspect of the program, that is also printed as a book. Couldnt find such thing on Eagle. The documentation section on Autodesk site is just a mix of 3rd party pdf tutorials.
I would appreciate all help regarding this matter.

Hi,

I'd say EAGLE is easy to use ... many commands are vedy intuitive to use.

There is a "Help" included in software. It describes every command.

But EAGLE is very flexible. You may write/use scripts (.SCR) and you may write/use user language programs (.ULP)
You can do almost anything with it.
Additionally the the use of user attributes makes it very flexible.
And the use of HTML descriptions. You may include pictures, links to internet sites and datasheets for example..

We managed to connect EAGLE with our stock system software.
It automatically generates a lot of lists, assembling documents, revision history.....
For example: It automatically generates a list of devices that are not on stock.

One can not expect that all this is described in a tutorial, because most of it is your own creativity.

Klaus

Thank you for the answer.
But before I jump into scripting and all, I need to figue out how to do basic tasts fast ie. Schematics, schematic DRC, PCB, PCB DRC and rules, component creation (Also with 3D steps if thats possible). Would there be any specific source you would advice me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back