Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Worst negative slack increases during post-CTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

inputoutput

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a post-CTS timing optimization in Encounter. During the optimization the summary report is something as follows:

WNS (ns) -3.751
TNS (ns) -26643.7
Violating Paths: 21986
All Paths: 67386

However, after optimization is complete, timing actually gets much worse:

WNS (ns) -23.290
TNS (ns) -52498
Violating Paths: 20655
All Paths: 67306

I don't think this result is at all realistic. What could be the problem here?

I am doing a post-CTS timing optimization in Encounter. During the optimization the summary report is something as follows:

WNS (ns) -3.751
TNS (ns) -26643.7
Violating Paths: 21986
All Paths: 67386

However, after optimization is complete, timing actually gets much worse:

WNS (ns) -23.290
TNS (ns) -52498
Violating Paths: 20655
All Paths: 67306

I don't think this result is at all realistic. What could be the problem here?

Do you have multiple corners? Sometimes the summary is based on one corner/mode, not on all the views.

Do you have multiple corners? Sometimes the summary is based on one corner/mode, not on all the views.

No, it's just one corner. I'm getting lots of violations during nanoroute though, I don't know if that plays a role...

No, it's just one corner. I'm getting lots of violations during nanoroute though, I don't know if that plays a role...

It does. If nanoroute fails, it will still keep a partial solution. This solution can have loops, unconnected wires, all sorts of weird shapes. Any timing optimisation applied to it is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back