Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR2104 Burning or no output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithun_K_Das

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was working with synchronous buck converter. I did it before few times. This time I designed another one almost same as before. Just some other changes. But unfortunately the gate driving section is not working as before. All of the IR2104 I used to test the circuit just got burnt again and again within few seconds. But there is no such input/output or any connection that can burn it. I've enclosed a circuit diagram what I was working with. Do you have any idea about this problem?

This is the diagram. Then I made some modification guessing that as there is no resistance in series with Gates of the mosfets so I added 100Ohm resistor in series with each mosfet gates. And pull down 100K is kept as well. But same result.

Then I replaced the boosting capacitor, 0.1uF/250V by 47uF/50V & 0.1uF ceramic. Same result.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I tried with TLP250 to drive the mosfet without the synchronization. But TLP250 is burnt as well within 10sec. This is a physical form: 20170615_173306[1].jpg

Attachments

• mppt duet.pdf
    54.8 KB · Views: 169
  • PCB.pdf
    81.9 KB · Views: 132

Can't recognize a synchronous buck converter, may be the schematic has drawing errors. As shown, the high side driver will never work.

- - - Updated - - -

Circuit should be corrected like below

detail.png

Status
Not open for further replies.