Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can increasing the multipliers within the transistor, results in a change in Vbe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vijay Vinay

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can increasing the x-multipliers within the transistor, results in a change in Vbe

Hi all,
I have a basic doubt regarding the x-Multipliers within the schematic of a transistor instance in Cadence virtuoso 0.1.6. When I give the value of x-Multiplier for a npn transistor as 1, I am getting the Vbe of the transistor as 0.7V (which is an ideal case). However, when I change the value of x-Multipliers as 2, there is a change in Vbe alo, but I can't calculate the exact values accurately. Will the base emitter voltage of the transistors change with a change in the x-multiplier values. Or am I wrong? Help is appreciated.

Thanks

Vbe can be expected to stay constant if Ic is scaled along with the transistor area. Otherwise it's changing with -Vt*ln(multiplier).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back