Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a curved body using the arc feature in cst

Status
Not open for further replies.

sand1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all
can anybody suggest how to make a curved body like cut cylinder using the curve feature in cst
thanks in anticipation

The best way to make any geometry in CST or HFSS is to make it from LINE DIAGRAM and then covert that LINE DIAGRAM to sheet using CST basic commands and then you can use sweep command of CST to convert it into 3D.
For sure you can use 3D defined shapes and then can use Boolean operations to get the shape of your choice as that seems easy but in the end that can give you lot of troubles when you need to mesh it so I would say start with line diagram.
This was the best I could write as your question does not define the problem and is very general.
Be more explicit about your problem to get some better answers

dear sir,
thanks for the reply
actually i want to make a patch antenna conformal to cylindrical surface
so for the i have made a open cylinder using the arc and then using trace from curve command to create a open cylinderical shape
is this option ok or i should make it the way you have suggested
i hope my query is specific now
pls find time to suggest the best option
thanks

Look man you made it too heavy with so many formal words so keep it light and simple SIR is little too heavy.
Your approach seems correct.
All the best

sir,
i have constructed the cylinder using arc feature
but the patch is getting partially bent
pls suggest
can you provide your email
so that we can discuss in detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com