Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ed detailed notes on tsmc library files

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need a detailed notes on tsmc library files

Hi all,
How to understand where and when these libraries are useful ?
Folder names are: apl,apt,ecsm,GDS,nldm,spi,Vit,CCS,cdk,lpe,MDT,and vlg. I don't know about physical design but have some hands on with synthesis ,dft and atpg flow. That's all due to scripts readily available.
Can someone explain or show me a resource where I can get the clear usage of each folder and where it is useful and in which flow.
There is no much documentation provided here.

Re: Need a detailed notes on tsmc library files

apt - Milkyway views used by IC compiler.
nldm/ecsm/ccs - Timing libraries for Design Compiler / IC Compiler / RTL Compiler / Encounter - varying level of accuracy depending on which model you use
gds - Cell layout
spi - Spice models
lpe - Spice models with parasitics
cdk - Cadence IC libraries
mdt - Mentor DFT models
vit - VHDL models
vlg - Verilog models

Reactions: hcu

hcu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I know the abbrevations . And i used nldm libraries for synthesis but when i replaced with ccs libraries. syntheisis wont worked due to the unavailablity of gate cells and inverters. so how these nldm differ from ccs libraries

I know the abbrevations . And i used nldm libraries for synthesis but when i replaced with ccs libraries. syntheisis wont worked due to the unavailablity of gate cells and inverters. so how these nldm differ from ccs libraries

you replaced by the wrong file. all base libraries have inverters, you must be using some of the Power management libraries.

How to know which file is what type of library ? I want to know more

How to know which file is what type of library ? I want to know more

check the documentation -- we cannot say what you have access to and what you don't.

check the documentation -- we cannot say what you have access to and what you don't.

As i said earlier there is no documentation given , ofcourse there is a folder named rln -release notes. except fullforms nothing mentioned more.

As i said earlier there is no documentation given , ofcourse there is a folder named rln -release notes. except fullforms nothing mentioned more.

talk to your colleagues or talk to TSMC, but beware that you will sound naive when asking what the libraries are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back