Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing and power analysis of a digital layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

oAwad

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I have two layouts routed in SoC Encounter for the same RTL design. I want to compare between timing and power of a certain net in both layouts (its the same net however routed differently). Furthermore, I want to calculate total power of each layout.

Which tool to use ? (keeping in mind I want to include the net parasitics generated by Calibre PEX in the timing and power calculations)

The inputs for the tool should be a SPICE file and a parasitics file for each design.

Thanks

EDIT: I also found tools use SPEF file generated by SoC Encounter for the timing/power analysis, so what is the difference between parasitics generated by Calibre PEX and SPEF file ?

Last edited:

Hello all,

I have two layouts routed in SoC Encounter for the same RTL design. I want to compare between timing and power of a certain net in both layouts (its the same net however routed differently). Furthermore, I want to calculate total power of each layout.

Which tool to use ? (keeping in mind I want to include the net parasitics generated by Calibre PEX in the timing and power calculations)

The inputs for the tool should be a SPICE file and a parasitics file for each design.

Thanks

EDIT: I also found tools use SPEF file generated by SoC Encounter for the timing/power analysis, so what is the difference between parasitics generated by Calibre PEX and SPEF file ?

So many concepts mixed up. What you want is sign-off quality power and timing reports WITHIN encounter. No need for external tools, no need for calibre, no need for SPEF file. No spice AT ALL.

Reactions: oAwad

oAwad

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back