Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mentor Graphics PADS Layout (VX.1.2) Problem in Assigning a 3D Model to a Component

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogulcan123

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am a PADS VX.1.2 Standart Plus user, and I'm trying to assing a 3D model to a Push-Push SIM Holder component.

According to PADS help page on Assigning a 3D Model to a Component, the explanation is as follows:

Procedure

1.In the PADS 3D window, select a part that does not have a 3D model mapped to it.
Right-click on the part and select Edit decal.
Restriction:
If your software license doesn't enable this feature, click in the standard two-dimensional layout design view to access the Edit decal command.

2. The Decal Editor opens and displays the default two-dimensional decal of the component and a corresponding representation in the PADS 3D window adjacent to it. The Align 3D Models Dialog Box also opens

3. In the Align 3D Models dialog box, select the part name or names (if you want to map the same 3D model to more than one part) in the “Parts mapped to selected model” list and click Import Model.

etc... The rest is sraight forward and seem very easy.

However, when I click Edit decal (Figure 1) while the 3D window is open, the Align 3D Models Dialog Box DOES NOT open as seen in Figure 2. Thus, I cannot continue to the process of alligning the model.

Figure 1:
Figure 1.PNG

Figure 2:
Figure 2.PNG

Is there anyone having an idea of reason causing this problem to occur?
Looking forward to hearing any suggestions.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

I figured out the problem. The tool actually pops out the window, but does not pops it out in front. Therefore, I could not see it.

At least for those who will face the same problem, I suggest checking your windows start bar to click and make that window visible! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back