Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS issue (PI expert tool design)

Status
Not open for further replies.

satiz

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I designed a 6V SMPS circuit using PI design expert and It's working fine but problem is while switching on the SMPS some times my main MCP is tripping ? I don't know why.... Please hep me to solve this issue my schematic is attached below... thanks in advance

smps.png

I don't know what a MCP, but I assume it is your main circuit breaker.

If so..................You don't have any inrush current limiting.

Google NTC inrush current limiter.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what a MCP, but I assume it is your main circuit breaker. (Yes you are correct )

If so..................You don't have any inrush current limiting.

Google NTC inrush current limiter.

Thanks for your reply, When I am powering ON the SMPS through variable transformer only I am facing this issue, If I am powering the SMPS trough direct 230V means I am not facing any issues and also I have one more doubt. In smps design they provide bias winding and zener diode VR2 for output over voltage protection, but i applied up to 290V as input to the SMPS but my bias winding is constant (22.1V) only why it's not changing. if it's constant because of feedback circuit, then what is the purpose of output over voltage protection.

Out put ov protection is needed in case you feedback circuit goes open circuit or stops working....the output could then just sky high in voltage...so you have the bias winding, who "copies" the overvoltage to the conteroller, and the controller then puts a stop to pumping energy to the output and the output overvoltage is thus limited from getting to too high a value.

Reactions: satiz

satiz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.