Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] clumsy code format issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meche

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please can anyone help?

I am using the MPLAB x IDE for my pic projects. Most of codes for the various projects are working. My problem is that I didn't know what I clicked on the IDE and a letter (inverted p) now appears all over the codes for all the different projects. I tried to remove these inverted P's but cant. Can someone pls tell me the essence of these inverted P's and how to remove them from my codes? A sample code of what I am talking about is attached as I cant effectively post it without the inverted P's being deleted.

Attachments

• inverted p.png
    inverted p.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 68

It's just a view option of the text editor, something like "show spaces and control characters". Every full featured editor has it.

You changed the option to see the text formatting characters.
Untick the box beside "Show Non-printable Characters" which is under the "View" heading in the menu bar.

Brian.

Thanks. Through your suggestion I was able to clear the inverted P's

Those are one of the somewhat standard editing symbol for a new paragraph, basically it says the end of a line (when using line wrapping).

Well it's understandable you would be confused as to what those symbols were, considering I'm old and had to see those on papers I handed in back in my school days (preferrably typed, but hand written is okay, not every one owned a typewriter). I'm pretty sure that younger people who only write using computers with auto correct and Grammerly will have never come across such symbols.

see the second to last entry in this chart.

It's a funny looking backwards facing P like symbol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back