Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Increasing AC Current Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch47

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey Fellas,
I need to convert 12dc to ac with as high as possible amps.
I am currently using a 150W inverter that puts out 240v ac with 10 amps but need more amps.
Any Ideas???
Cheers

If you've got 240volts and 10 amps, that's 2400 W. If you are able to get 2400W out of a 150W inverter, you should win some kind of Nobel prize.

Not necessarily. 240V at 10A is 2400VA. Most tinverters and UPSes I know are rated in VA at a certain power factor. If the inverter is rated for 2.4kVA at 0.625 PF, there's no conflict. Or the inverter is rated for 150W at 0.8 PF and the OP could be forcing a 10A output at overload.

These are just theories. We can't know for certain unless and until the OP posts clarifications.

Oops! You're right. Must have got out of the wrong side of bed :). I got mixed up by a factor of 10. Please disregard my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back