Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature sensor for interfacing with CPLD/FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbyiclearner

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I was planning to interface a temperature sensor with a CPLD/FPGA. Can anyone suggest a simple temp. sensor for it. I checked the third party vendor sites. They have very big list of over 2000 devices. Got me confused. Also, which data transfer system is easier to work with (ie. SDA, I2C etc).

Thanks,
Hobbyiclearner

OK thanks. I was planning to use freely available IP core to interface the temperature sensor. Regarding the same, since I will be working with these data communication protocols for the first time, just to confirm, to simply read the temperature, I would be needing the SPI/I2C master module. Hopefully, I would not need a slave module. pls. ratify.

Thanks,
Hobyiclearner

I completely agree with little0192. If you want to implement an I2C master, go for SPI temperature sensors. I have LM75 in many FPGA boards, one reason is that I2C is often used there for parameter storage EEPROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.