Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using GSM Module in Hazardous area

Status
Not open for further replies.

hm_fa_da

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is using of GSM module dangerous in hazardous area ? i.e gas station.
I'm trying to design an Electromechanical turbine gas flow meter which should have GSM module for remote reading.
whole the circuit is encapsulated in an Aluminium box and powered by battery. because of aluminium box, the GSM antenna should be placed outside the box.
or maybe i use an IP plastic box and place the antenna inside the box ?!
My question is for GSM antenna radiation energy, is it dangerous ?!
I've seen some equipment placed at same location (same ambient parameters) and have GSM Module too.
Should i consider anything special for the module ? i.e limiting maximum transmitter power or anything else ... ?

Thanks & Best Regards.

There are GSM modules which are designed for safe operation in hazardous environments. There are also explosion proof antennas ATEX and IECEx certified as well, perhaps this way you could put the GSM module/board within a sealed box and just worry about the external antenna placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back