Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dimmer effecting loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishtiaqshaheer

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,I'm working on a project where I'm using 2 dimmers and giving input to control the dimming of loads
But getting a problem when I connect both the loads to 2 different dimmer modules and 1 load dimming is effecting 2nd load dimming
I think this may be due to noise in dimmers but unable to understand the reasons
Help appreciated
Thanks in advance

This is Circuit
dimmerrelay.jpg

Are you saying you're using one processor to control two dimmers? And you think noise is the problem? There are many possible reasons, you need to look at your circuit with a scope. It's not clear, but I'm guessing you're sending some data stream to the processor. Maybe that's getting corrupted. Maybe you're code is wrong.

A typical reason is noise sensitive zero crossing detector. It may need filtering in hardware and/or software.

By the way, are you actually working with 12 V AC supply as the schematic suggests? The MOC3021 circuit isn't well dimensioned for low voltage.

Are you saying you're using one processor to control two dimmers?
Ya I'm using UNO to control 2 dimmers .

And you think noise is the problem?
Noise is just a hunch

There are many possible reasons, you need to look at your circuit with a scope.
What may be the other reasons?

It's not clear, but I'm guessing you're sending some data stream to the processor. Maybe that's getting corrupted. Maybe you're code is wrong.
ya I'm using I2C from Raspberry Pi to send data to UNO to control the dimmers connected to UNO

- - - Updated - - -

A typical reason is noise sensitive zero crossing detector. It may need filtering in hardware and/or software.

By the way, are you actually working with 12 V AC supply as the schematic suggests? The MOC3021 circuit isn't well dimensioned for low voltage.

Filtering means how? any suggestions plz?

Nope,I'm using 230VAC and Incandescent bulb as load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back