Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

biasing calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vijay Vinay

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have some basic doubts regarding the calculations of current as well as voltage for the transistor(basically, the biasing conditions of a transistor). What if there is no Rb, Rc or Re connected to B,C, E of the transistor. Still I need to calculate the voltages Vb, Vc, Ve as well as the currents Ib, Ic, Ie. I am not sure how to perform these calculations. Help is appreciated.

Strange request. Vb will be whatever voltage you drive the base with. Vc will be whatever voltage you connect to the collector. etc... Look at this:
**broken link removed**

I'm afraid the question 'as is' is meaningless. The currents and voltages in a transistor is set by the biasing components like resistors, diodes, other transistors, etc.

Even if it's a simple circuit with a single transistor and no other semiconductor device is involved, it still needs some resistors to bias it.

Status
Not open for further replies.