Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Handling a cord/string with a RC servo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Externet

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. Am not familiar with some hobbies.
How would you hold a string a couple of milimetres thick from slipping while being pulled by 20 Newton force; and when the servo is energized, release it ?
Is there any typical mechanism in the robotics or radiocontrol world that could do that ? Or suggestions ?

Is there 3 Volt servos in the market ? What servos are plainly DC fed to operate, not digitally controlled. ?

RC plane enthusiasts do the same thing to drop parachutes, streamers, etc. They contrive a release mechanism with the chief aim to make it lightweight, naturally. You might find something ready-made by looking in RC magazines.

My RC plane had an electric motor which was worked by an On-Off switch, which was worked by a servo. I pushed my RC throttle lever up or down to turn the propeller on and off.

Servos are commonly used in RC craft since they are versatile, powerful, and can be positioned precisely. A solenoid or electromagnet have comparable weight but are more limited in function than a servo.

Status
Not open for further replies.