Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Create PCB with importing dxf to altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_2

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Here is my dwg file that I want to import to altium designer. As you can see it imports file as mechanical layer to my pcb But I want to import this file as top or bottom layer not mechanical. How can import as top or bottom layer track?
Capture.PNG

Thanks

You can select all needed imported primitives, then PCB->PCB Inspector and change the layer to desired.

Reactions: baby_2

baby_2

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear Altaero
Thanks for your good way.
one more thing , How can create a circular board shape(I can redefine a polygonal board shape) in specific area(the yellow section) ?
Capture1.PNG

Thanks

In general, draw a desired shape (usually at mechanical layer 1), select all external primitives, then Design->Board Shape->Define from selected objects. To make a cutout, select all internal primitives forming closed shape (one shape by time), then Tools->Convert->Create board cutout from selected primitives.
In your case if you want a circular board, just place two full circles, external to board shape, internal to board cutout.

Reactions: baby_2

baby_2

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,
I want to know if there is any way to fill solid a region easily.(for example select a region and then it fills automatically). Because for an accurate draw or with a high number of solid parts it takes to time to fill sold with Place->fill or Place->fill a region commands.
Capture.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back