Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode Detector or Power Detector in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

musmanm

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, Everyone!

I am new to ADS Simulation tool and having a lot of difficulties in understanding its components. Though I am reading its literature and watching tutorials on youtube, still I need some help.

I am making a circuit which can detect output voltage or which can detect reflected power.

It is a frequency detection circuit, which has an antenna as S1p component, which is connected to a directional coupler (s4p component) and the directional coupler is getting a signal from VCO (which is just a source here). Please see attachment of schematic.

Ultimately I have to tune the VCO from 4GHz to 5GHz, my antenna resonates at 4.5GHz. So, there is some input voltage to this system (from VCO), and for every input voltage, there should be an output voltage (at a node of the directional coupler).

Hence, I want to calculate the output voltages for every tuning input voltage. At the resonant frequency of my antenna, the voltage will be minimum, by this identification, I will be able to detect the frequency of the antenna from all output voltages. I manually calculated output values (power and voltages) but I need a component.

So, for my specification, how can I make a 'Diode Detector' component in ADS which can detect output voltage? I need to make a voltage detector or power detector component in ADS.

I am attaching the snapshot of my circuit and its results.

Thanks in advance.
2017-05-31_132243.jpg2017-05-31_132157.jpg2017-05-31_130618.jpg

I think for the detector circuit you are going to need spice model of a diode. I used skyworks sms series diode a year ago to make a diode detector circuit. The model is available in the datasheet or from the website. I think what you are looking for is a component from palettes in ADS, but I dont think there is any ready to use block in ADS for diode detector, so you are going to have build it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back