Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I make schematic to symbol in OrCAD 16.6 Capture CIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlagusrb24

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I'm struggling for converting my schematic to symbol or library block because my schematic is too large to set other block

I'm familiar to use cadence spectre; it is very easy to make large schematic to small block using symbol as you know.

So i think it is easy to make my schematic to symbol also in PSpice. But it is not..

Is there a good way to make my schematic to symbol or library?

Yes. You can easily do that. you need to create a hierarchical block and link you complete schematic to this block. You also need to define interface port on your complete schematic. These port would be considered as pin of top level symbols. refer parts in Data Convertor library (tools\capture\library\pspice\dataconv.olb) in your installation for example of this types of parts. This process works very similar to ADE/Spectre.

Other alternate method would to get the complete schematic netlist, manually add the subcircuit definition (example below)on this in any text editor. Save this as .LIb file. Open this .Lib file in Model Editor and Create symbol for this.

.subckt NAME_OF_SUBCKT Port1 Port2 .... PortN

<You schematic netlist >

.ends

Status
Not open for further replies.