Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Moving test setup to PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsNotSam

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks,

I have recently designed a digital ASIC chip, tested the thing, and it works reliably at the 1.5GHz frequency it was designed for. All of testing was done at a lab, where I have access to all equipment you could ever ask for, including a clock generator that works in the GHz range.

My issue is that I have to demonstrate the chip operating outside of my comfy lab, meaning that I will have to provide a clock source. I want to build a PCB with discrete components that has its own clock generation. It cannot be a differential clock, I am bound to a CMOS signal. What solution would you use and how fast can I expect to operate? I have found some components that can do ~200MHz, but I was hoping to go higher. Ideas?

use a crystal oscillator + PLL based design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back