Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convergence problems with horn-pyramidal antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevdam

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

I am trieng to simulate a horn-pyramidal antenna for the w-band (75 GHz-110 GHz). I calculated all parameters I need (A, B, ..)and now the simulation using HFSS. The Problem is that it takes a couple of hours till i get the result: simulation did not converged.

my settings for the setup:

max. number of passes: 10
max. delta S: 0.0002
max. refinement per pass: 10%
max. delta Z_0 = 0.2%

interpolation sweep:
min. Solution: 2
min. number of subranges : 4

Your frequency is bit higher I mean even mesh generated for 75 GHz would be enough to drag the simulation time longer and upper limit 110 GHz so if you are trying to simulate the antenna with some normal PC then two hours is not that big time when you are also using sweep. You have not mentioned your definition of sweep as it can make simulation time bit longer. Since it is also not converging so making the wait time quite irritating I would suggest relax your convergence condition like max number of passes I think five would be fine number then relax max delta s make it 0.001 that is reasonable number this will reduce your simulation time and will give you sound chance to change your model. Why it is not converging with this information I can not comment on this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back