Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic load connection to motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madbunny1

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I would like to measure motor torque when it is under some load.For this I have DC electronic load equipment. But can anyone tell me How much load(for half load and full load) should be given to my motor to see such measurements? If you need any data like specifications of motor, please let me know.

thanks

I would think that a motor would require a mechanical load for testing, and not an electric simulated load.
What am i missing here.... ??

You probably want a 'forgiving' load which does not change suddenly, and which doesn't stall the motor. One suggestion for creating such a load is a paddle in water. Calibration is not easy however.

How can I know which full load and which is half load?

A motor heats up as Amperes go through it. You need to avoid too high temperature.
Overheating can cause insulation to burn, metal to expand, solder to melt, etc.
Brushes cannot tolerate overmuch current.
The motor can drive a certain load continuously (100% duty cycle), or a greater load temporarily (partial duty cycle).
Ideally you should watch all components while testing. As a general rule keep the temperature cool enough during continuous operation so you can keep your finger on the housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back