Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Bluetooth]Connecting multiple SPBTLE-RF module enabled sensors to laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanraj.kmr

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
My project requires connecting multiple sensors to laptop for data accusation. I have two options proposed by project team. One is that use the bluetooth SPBTLE-RF and another is use the WiFly module.

I have questions for Blue tooth as below,
1. How the identical(V4.1) bluetooth units differentiate with each other to bluetooth server?
2. Is it possible to connect multiple bluetooth devices as slaves to laptop at once? I think I can pair multiple devices and connect one at a time for communication. So laptop SW has to have a switching algorithm to take care the data handling. But is it possible for identical devices?

I have questions for WiFi as below,
1. Assume that I have server application running on PC and 6 wifi enabled slaves running and DHCP is enabled. Now 6 slaves got different IP address everytime it powers up. So is master. In this case how my slaves can identify the master to establish the connection without knowing the static IP address?
2. Is DNS will be helpful in assigning a name for my slaves and master to identify instead of using the IP address?

Please ask me for more information if my information above is insufficient.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.