Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] CLKBUF and INBUF actel FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

incisive29

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When and how to use CLKBUF and INBUF in actel FPGA?
When I use CLKBUF in my program, it gives error. I replace it with INBUF, it works fine. What I read in an application note was CLKBUF is used when a clock needs to be be mapped to multiple modules,that is high fan out. whereas INBUF has only one fanout and can be used inputs to a single module. is that true. please help.

most likely an INBUF would feed a CLKBUF. You probably just connected an input pin to the CLKBUF (that is instantiated in your design).

Maybe you should take the newbie approach to FPGA design and do not instantiate primitives in your design and let the synthesis tool figure out what primitive to use.

Thankyou for your reply. When I remove inbuf, the design synchs out. I think I should stick with my current macros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back