Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

introduce delay in a gate clock in SoC Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

oAwad

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I want to introduce a special delay in clock signal for one gate in my layout design in SoC Encounter, is there a direct way to do it in SoC Encounter ?

* The design clock period is 2ns, while the delay that I want to introduce in the gate is 0.2ns
* The delay should be for this gate only not for the whole design.

if I increase the net length of the clock of that gate, can I achieve an 0.2ns delay ?

Thanks

It is really hard to get these fine-grained delays reliably. It's not a "digital" practice.

It is really hard to get these fine-grained delays reliably. It's not a "digital" practice.

I know it would be hard, but can it be achieved by adding clock buffers to this special clock net ? ( to make use of the propagation delay of buffers)

In fact I'm working on interfacing an analog part with a digital design, so this is somehow a special net.

I know it would be hard, but can it be achieved by adding clock buffers to this special clock net ? ( to make use of the propagation delay of buffers)

In fact I'm working on interfacing an analog part with a digital design, so this is somehow a special net.

It is possible, but you have to understand that you can't create a precise delay of say 20ps. You will create a spread of say 10-30ps, because both the gates and the interconnect behave differently from corner to corner and from die to die.

If you can, I would push this delay gate to the analog block, where you can do all sorts of MC simulations and make sure it will work reliably.

Reactions: oAwad

oAwad

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back