Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAX3079 H/F pin doesn't functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

cceylan01

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am designing a small USB-RS485 converter with MAX3079 IC because I wanted to add circuit half and full duplex selection option. The circuit is working in full duplex mode. I am connecting A-Y, B-Z and can send/receive data. In half duplex mode, I am applying Vcc to the H/F pin and can see this voltage value on it and connecting A-B but there isn't any communication. In order to provide communication, I have to short circuit A-Y and B-Z but this is already connection schema to connect full duplex RS485 to the half duplex networks. According to the documentation of MAX3079, there is an analog switch that makes connection between "A and Y" and "B and Z" so that this shouldn't be necessary. Is there anyone who experienced with the same issue with this IC ?

Cumali Ceylan

Hi,

You need to use Y and Z in half duplex mode.

Klaus

Thanks KlausST,

I noticed at this morning and tried it. It is working. This is a false alarm.

Cumali Ceylan

Status
Not open for further replies.