Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to design a microwave polarizer filter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m.mohamed

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Dears,
I would like to design a polarizer filter that can transmit a specific polarization of the electromagnetic waves, but I do not know:
how to design it ?
how can i choose the proper geometries?

Best Regards

Visible light is electromagnetic waves. And there are polarized sunglasses. By rotating the lenses you choose the orientation of waves which are transmitted.

My reply doesn't solve your question but perhaps it's a start to a solution.

along the length side or width side of the waveguide

You can try to put a grid formed by parallel wires (made of a conductor) in front of the antenna generating the EM wave. If the wires are, for instance, vertical, the wave should be horizontally polarized, since the vertical components are shorted by the wires of the grid.
Density and thickness of the wires depends from the wavelength. I never tryied such a filter, but it should work.

You can try to put it in between two linear polarized antennas (f.i. yagi), one transmitting and the other one receiving. Rotating the grid you should observe variation in the received field.

a bunch of wires close to and parallel to each other will polarize an incident emag wave.

Do you mean a waveguide polarizer? What frequency band are you interested in?

and how to estimate x-pol in cst mws for example???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back