Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Development of aloha (asynchronous) system for wireless node discovery in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedshan

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am looking to develop a node discovery code in Matlab. I am looking for a code to develop basic aloha system
Can someone guide me with the basics of Matlab simulation development of Aloha.

I just need help in initiating the basic transmission. Rest I can develop on my own...
Would appreciate any help.

The question is so broad that it's unanswerable. Generally speaking, the idea of simulations is that they approximate reality. That is all they can do or else they become reality and they would run very slow. There will always be things that you don't model in a simulation!

How you choose to set up a simulation ought to depend on what you want to learn from doing it and what you are able to model. Depending on what you are trying to learn and what you can model this can be fairly easy, quite difficult, or impossible.

Once you have that figured out, then it becomes a matter of programming and making sure the simulation is good enough to answer your questions.

So, I have two questions for you:
What questions should be answered by doing this simulation?
What details about the protocol do you feel like you can or should model?

Perhaps with good answers to those, the bright people here could help you a little better.

Thanks for your reply beeflobill,

1. I am looking to simulate for a single hop network. They network should be asynchronous (later I will extend it to hybrid synch-asynch network)
1.a. The Simulator should be able to detect how many nodes have received the signal from a transmitting device.
1.b. If two devices transmit at the same time, their packets will collide, hence will cause the data packet to loose (or discovery impossible).
1.c. I should be able to extend this simulator.

2. By protocol what do you mean? I want to develop using a wireless protocol with collision detection. If that is what you mean?

Questions I cannot answer?
1. How can I model the asynchronicity and/or synchronicity between nodes in Matlab?
2. How to model the frame transmission (with sync or async protocol) in Matlab?
3. And how to detect collisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.