Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photoresist Dry Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravkothari23

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.
I have newly started Manufacturing of PCB's using DUPONT RISTON photoresist dry film.
My problem is, as per the datasheet, it is not reliable to use to film is normal room lights and only to use in dark room. how can i use the film in dark room. when i am not able to see anything. can i use any RED or GREEN (20 x 0.25 watts) LED's, so that the things are bit visible.

I presume you can't show me any place in the Riston datasheet that is talking about a "dark room". The usual term is "yellow room", you may want to review the verbose chapter about safe lighthing in the general processing guide... Any light source that doesn't contain spectral components below 450 nm is considered safe (green, yellow red).

I presume you can't show me any place in the Riston datasheet that is talking about a "dark room". The usual term is "yellow room", you may want to review the verbose chapter about safe lighthing in the general processing guide... Any light source that doesn't contain spectral components below 450 nm is considered safe (green, yellow red).
thanks..
what is spectral components.
does it mean i have to use LED's with more wavelength, i mean greater than 450 nm.

what is spectral components
Sorry, I thought to expect common technical knowledge.

Look at the spectral intensity plot of the respective light source, there should be no considerably intensity below (on the left side of) 450 nm. Green, yellow or red LED will surely do, also fluorescent lamps qualified for "yellow room" usage, see the Riston application note.

Status
Not open for further replies.