Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] LVDS Modelling using ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

goay

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can Tx_diff and Rx_diff in ADS be used to model a LVDS Transmission Line? And if yes, then is a 100 ohm resistor enough to be used as termination, should I add other components like capacitor? Normally, do the designer of the transmission line has the freedom to decide how the line is being terminated?
Capture.PNG

Hi, Thanks for your response. As I know Differential Transmitter in ADS can only output something like [-0.3 0.3] V. I want it to ouput [1.05 1.35] V to be input to the coupled line. However, if i set vhigh as 1.35V and vlow as 1.05V, then I get v+ as [0.525 0.675] V and V- as [-0.525 -0.675]. What I mean here is I wish to have a dc offset voltgae at about 1.2V and add it to both V+ and V-. Is it possible for channelSim?

Apparently Tx_Diff source doesn't allow to specify a common mode voltage. Solution: refer to the internal Tx_Diff circuit given in the ADS doc and make your own driver with common mode voltage. Or use a different way to make an appropriate LVDS driver.

Reactions: goay

goay

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks. I use single ended transmitter to output [-0.3 0.3]V into ballun4port and add common mode voltage of 1.2V. That seems to solve to problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back