Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wien bridge oscillator works fine with LM7141 but not with UA 741 in proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermacy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using proteus 8.0..to simulate wien bridge oscillator which works fine with LM741 opamp but not with UA 741...what might be the problem?

It should not make a difference between LM and uA 741 parts, unless different pinout or Proteus has a bad SPICE model.

Thank you very much for your reply..
i kind off thinking on these lines too..properties for Lm741 shows..LM741/NS(Spice model)...for ua741 it shows LISA model file..OA_BIP.
do i need to update something to make it work?
any SPICE libraries?

Saying a hardware circuit, a simulation, whatsoever, "doesn't work" is almost useless without further information. Forum rules mention:

Only you know what "doesn't work" means
Please tell us what your circuit or code is supposed to do and why it "doesn't work".When you come in and say "it doesn't work" or just "it has errors", that means NOTHING. There could be a million things wrong and no one will know where to look.

A popular fault with oscillator simulations is lack of a "kick start" means to allow oscillations to build up. Some circuits and/or amplifier models might be fine without it because they include an initial deviation from equilibrium that's sufficient to stoke up oscillations, but there's no guarantee.

UA741 and LM741 are generally different names for the same device. But simulation models are abstractions from real behavior and can be quite different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back