Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data transfer between GPRS modem and Remote server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnarayanan15

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was develop one project based on send and receive data from remote server for that i were using quectel m66 modem and send by HTTP. But it take time up to 12 seconds how to reduce the time. My data is only 800 bits and my modem operates at 2G. If anybody know how to reduce that delay?

The total traffic is probably much more than "800 bits". To decide if the problem is in the m66 firmware or your way to use it, you'll best tap the TCP communication on the server side.

Are you accessing the modem through HTTP AT commands?

The total traffic is probably much more than "800 bits". To decide if the problem is in the m66 firmware or your way to use it, you'll best tap the TCP communication on the server side.

Are you accessing the modem through HTTP AT commands?
Thank you for your response sir, I am already try TCP connection but its also take 10 seconds delay and also TCP need always server in open otherwise unable to send data. Yes i am access by using HTTP commands from modem datasheet. There is two way to use http one is GET and another one is POST method. I am using GET method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back