Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Distance of Reflector from antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

alacrity

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have one confusion during design of high gain dual band slot antenna. for directional pattern i want to use reflector with my slot antenna but i have a confusion that as my antenna is dual band then at which distance i should have to put the reflector from antenna?

Thanx in advance..........

Putting a reflector behind your antenna will only work if the frequencies are interger multiples of each other. If so, then use the half-wavelength of the lowest frequency.

Other than that, you might need to simulate your design to see the effect of the reflector position on each frequency.

Putting a reflector behind your antenna will only work if the frequencies are interger multiples of each other. If so, then use the half-wavelength of the lowest frequency.

Other than that, you might need to simulate your design to see the effect of the reflector position on each frequency.

thnak u for ur reply

At some places i have seen that if we put PEC at a distance 0.15 to 0.25 of wavelength it works as a reflector. and if the distance is in between 0.1 to 0.15 of wavelentgh it works as a director. is it true or not?

No, it is not related too the distance. If the PEC is larger than the antenna, it will be a reflector.
You can find some knowledge about Yagi antenna.

In fact the reflector behavior it is related to the distance.
If you adjusted the distance and get the best performance working as a reflector, means that is the best optimized distance.
Ideally each antenna prototype needs an optimization for the reflector distance, whatever simulation was done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back