Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best and highest capacity AA NiMh cell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Weaser

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for a AA NiMh cell that last like 5 years and has the highest capacity available. I know Panasonic has 2700 MAH AA cells but I heard they only last for like a year and either they don't work at all or have a very low MAH. I also Know of Eneloop which are available in High capacity and can last for like 5 years and so. So anybody has a recommendation for a battery?

I am looking for a cell that is 2500 mah and has more than 500 max cycles. I want something that is 2700 MAH and is like 2,100 cycles like a eneloop 2000 MAH, or something close to it. So I am looking for a higher capacity NiMh more than 2000 MAH that has more than 500 cycles.

It's becoming hard to trust small rechargeable batteries. A company can make big claims but how do we consumers verify the claims? Companies are motivated to make a battery that performs well for a short time, then starts to deteriorate. That's how I feel about Energizer rechargeable AA's that I purchased.

It's becoming hard to trust small rechargeable batteries. A company can make big claims but how do we consumers verify the claims? Companies are motivated to make a battery that performs well for a short time, then starts to deteriorate. That's how I feel about Energizer rechargeable AA's that I purchased.

What I know is that Energizer batteries aren't that great apparently. People have done Research it says to get Eneloop batteries. People have done testing on them and they say they work as the company says about them. Like the eneloop 4th gen , they are 2000 Mah and can be recharged up to 2,100 without the capacity dropping under 80%

I've used AA cells for years in high power flashlights for caving and other outdoors pursuits, also in GPS units etc. I tend to also have kit that sits for long periods of time unused, but when I need it, I need it now!

The best rechargeable AAs I've ever found are Eneloops. I don't know if they quite fit your specifications though.

A good place to ask (especially since I'm not that up to date at the moment) is candlepowerforums. There are people there who are highly obsessive about powering their flashlights with the very best cells available, and often do tests and comparisons of the cells available.

Status
Not open for further replies.