Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are these cross symbols on my PCB layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

venn_ng

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I see these cross signs (green color) while doing the PCB layout. Do you know why I see those and how to remove those? I tried Polygon Pour->Repour All and it still doesn't work

UPDATE: I hovered the cursor over it and it showed me some room definition error. I disabled room definitions rules on the design rules and it worked. I believe room definition error aren't critical errors, right?

Last edited:

Altium shows the violated rule when you point the mouse at the problem region.
Rooms are usually used to group some part of schematics within some physical boundaries, they are very useful for large hierarchical projects. In that cases placing a component outside the room causes difficulties during routing, but surely will not lead to disaster.
By default, when you export your sch to pcb Altium creates room and links all parts to the room. If you don't want that (your project is fairly simple) you can delete the room, don't export it (uncheck the appropriate line), or ignore the rule as you did.
But also I can see here a short violation. That might be if the vias are not with the same net as the pad. Check that also.

Hi,

These are rule violation due to overlapping of pad and vias.

For avoiding this error, connect both pad and vias to same net. I hope the pad should connect to GND (ground) and also vias.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back