Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control the motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsman

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to control a pmsm motor using field oriented control. I don't know much about this. I have been studying a lot about this. It is basically a very small motor it is nmea 23 motor. I have few questions. On startup that is after powering on the motor what will be the currents in the stator. Will all the time currents will always be 120 degrees apart. At what angle rotor aligns with stator. I have just started and i don't know what information to provide also. Please help.

During initial acceleration it uses table values. Than it takes a feedback from self inducted voltage or position sensors and calculates the phase for each of 3 complimentary outputs.

I am not sure about this table values. How to arrive at them. I was doing like on power on give fixed duty cycle to the 3 legs. I am getting position from encoder. Then don't know how to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back