Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where is the synthesis option -io_buf available in VIVADO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i found out that , i have to uncheck "-io_buf" option (in synthesis settings) in ISE tool to successfully generate bitfile , otherwise it may endup with the "placer" error, like place 30-69 and place 30-378 .This is true for my design .

I want to more about this error and secondly important thing, what and where is the same setting available in vivado. i not found this -io_buf option anywhere.

Somewhere in your RTL are the peripheral signals tri-stated?
Go to your RTL. The io_buf might be inferred or it might be directly instantiated. You may remove it (if that makes sense and no further errors).

I use Vivado and 7series Xilinx. For me the primitive in RTL is IOBUF.

This sometimes comes up when you have block-box ip cores that also create IO bufs. there is an IO_BUFFER_TYPE attribute that you can apply to top level ports to avoid instantiation. This might be what you want to do vs -io_buf.

IIRC, you can also specify something like -io_buf in additionally synthesis options, and newer versions of the tools have a checkbox for this. I only use -io_buf for sandbox designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back