Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unsynthesizable verilog code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johannah

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! May I know if what are the verilog code that are not synthesizable. It can be converted into the generic lib but there are no equivalent cell in my target library. For example:

Attachments

• 12.PNG
    12.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 13.PNG
    13.PNG
    6.4 KB · Views: 101

What errors are you getting? Have you verified the path to your target library is correct?

Hi! May I know if what are the verilog code that are not synthesizable. It can be converted into the generic lib but there are no equivalent cell in my target library. For example:

I see some poorly coded verilog, but it should synthesize. Library presence or lack of doesn't determine what portions of the verilog language can be understood by a compiler. I believe you are targetting the wrong solution if you are thinking of a library issue. Or you are talking about mapping instead of compilation, but that is a different problem for sure.

Check, that your target library has FFs with asynchronous reset and it can be used. (always @ (posedge mclk or posedge por)

Potential causes could be:
- Wrong target library read in
- Library without a async reset FF
- Library has async reset FF, but it was set as dont_used cell
- Scripts or other issue before compile

What else ( warning/error ) did you see in the log file ?

Hi All!

Yes I am talking about mapping it into my technology file. I have already read the datasheet of my library, it contains no async reset FF. What do I need to do? is it to make a new standard cell library or to revise my RTL code?

If you have another std cell library with async FF - use it. If you have not - rewrite RTL, use sync reset.
always @ (posedge mclk)
if (por) ...

Hi All!

Yes I am talking about mapping it into my technology file. I have already read the datasheet of my library, it contains no async reset FF. What do I need to do? is it to make a new standard cell library or to revise my RTL code?
Making a new library adding new cells is not our designing task. Let confirm with your manager or related people who can design with/without asyn reset FF.
Then, you can ask for library vendor to update, or change your design according to library support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back