Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to synchronize 2 PCBs with only 1 pair of clock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiangx93

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I got a TX and a RX now, on 2 PCBs, between which I want to establish communication. The problem is, first I only have one pair of differential clock from the clock generator, but both of TX and RX need one.Also, I think they need same-frequency clock to work properly, so using 2 different clock generators is not perfectly reliable.
Now I am thinking of designing an extra PCB, on which the clock to be used is bifurcated to provide 2 clocks. The clock can be running as high as 10GHz, so impedance continuty has to be considered at the bifurcation.
I want to know if there is any other better way to deal this, like using a single-to-differential chip? Or any problem or concern with my method?

Hi,

Please draw a sketch of your application.....where we can see
* what
* and how
You want to synchronize.

Rx and Tx seem to be a communication. Does this communication need to be synchronized?
What type are Rx and Tx? Speed, hardware, protocol...

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back